6831 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Columbia, MD 21046
For 147 years, Sandy Spring Bank has provided outstanding financial services and remained committed to being a strong, local, independent bank. Our community offices throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia serve the unique needs of individuals, businesses and organizations every day.
We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment to being remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we provide a market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive benefits package. Sandy Spring takes pride in offering a broad benefits program to its most valuable asset….our staff.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting a Commercial Banking Market Leader. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of a specific market/division within the bank’s footprint. You will supervise and lead the following functions: Drive market commercial sales/portfolio goals; Coach and mentor team members; Develop and manage pre-determined annual budget; Serve as SSB spokesperson for Business Development and Community related events; Participate as an active member of multiple internal committees/councils (SLT, SLC and CX); Manage and facilitate the use of the CX360 system within the team; Oversee Advisory Board Meetings. The position’s primary location will be located in Columbia, MD.
- 5 to 7 years of broad experience in Commercial Banking.
- Demonstrated success in developing and underwriting significant commercial business and utilizing effective sales techniques.
- Experience managing and leading others
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Expertise in analysis, interpretation and evaluation.
- Presentation skills to complete sales presentations
- Oversee the writing of complex proposals
- Present pending loan packages
- Provide coaching and guidance to employees
- Maintain positive rapport with internal and external contacts. High level of independence needed to achieve strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Thorough understanding of commercial banking concepts and practices
We pay competitively to Market, and offer a 401(k) plan with employer match – both pre-and post-tax contributions. We also offer an Employee Stock Purchase Plan along with the following benefits:
* Free Banking, including discounts on loans
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition Assistance
In addition, for employees who work 30 hours per week:
* Incentive opportunities
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Paid Parental Leave
* Life Insurance
* Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Job Snapshot:
- Full-Time, Experience - 5 to 7 years, Degree - 4 Year Degree Banking - Financial Services, Accounting - Finance, Other Great Industries Banking, Business Development, Management