Denmark State Bank is seeking an experienced IT Manager to join its team. The position will be headquartered out of the Denmark, WI office. We are a well-established community bank with total assets of approximately $450 million, and we are headquartered just 15 minutes south of Green Bay in Denmark, Wisconsin. Denmark State Bank has six full-service banking offices. Visit our website at www.denmarkstate.com for more information.
POSITION SUMMARY: Proactively plans and manages Bank’s automated information and telecommunications systems capability/services to protect the organization’s data information and assets. Plans architecture of the Bank’s information resources and promotes information technology throughout the Bank including proactive development. Acts as the Bank’s Information Security Officer. Establishes and ensures implementation of policies and strategies to appropriately manage information resources to support strategic plan. Ensures information processing support entities perform to satisfaction of user community, management and professional standards. Evaluates complex technical proposals and interprets/negotiates technical and procedural issues on organization-wide projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees all IT Technology infrastructure functions and systems. This includes, but is not limited to: hardware architecture, capacity management, systems security, systems integration, computer operations, hardware and network operations, telecommunications, systems documentation, user support, policy and procedure development, technical standards, schedules and project management.
2. Responsible for safeguarding Company data. Functions as Network Security Administrator providing oversight of policies and procedures regarding network access rights and responsibilities. Information security policy development and maintenance; design of security policy education, training and awareness activities’ and monitors compliance against industry standards.
3. Responsible for compliance with regulatory information technology regulations. Chairs the IT Steering Committee and Reports to the Board of Directors on a periodic basis regarding technology plans, audit activities, and other significant information technology related initiatives. Responsible for the collection, reporting and review of all required compliance data in response to an annual IT Examination by the banks outside examiners.
4. Responsible for establishing and managing a broad range of vendor relationships for the support of the technical aspects of the operational enterprise. Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of the delivery of services through specifically defined service level agreement (SLAs) with the company’s vendors.
5. Develops and updates the Company’s Business Continuity Plan, including testing, backup/retrieval and security.
6. Oversees the acquisition, implementation and operation of information technology and communications systems including server hardware, workstations, printers, network equipment, wan and data/voice circuits.
7. Works with business unit managers to formulate a comprehensive Strategic Technology Plan that is consistent with the overall corporate objectives and budgetary considerations. Develops and monitors the Bank’s technology budget and capital expenditures.
The position of IT Manager is responsible for the supervision of the Information Technology team and is required to demonstrate leadership and provide training and support to less experienced staff members. Supervisory responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
● Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and/or IT or equivalent technology related experience
● 7 years work experience in all phases of computer operations
● 2 years directing employees in information technology environment
● 3 years experience in related area such as Network Administration
● Previous banking related experience strongly preferred
● Strategic, “big picture” focus
● Attention to detail
● Strong analytical/problem solving skills
● Ability to outline projects and convene resources to bear
● Strong project management skills with the ability to meet all deadlines and deliverables
● Ability to manage multiple priorities
● Good organizational skills
● User/practitioner of Internet-based services such as online banking, Bill pay, etc. to identify with bank/customer needs
● Service oriented focus with a strong sense of urgency
● Flexibility and adaptability
● Stays current on advancements in technology and in the banking industry, and makes recommendations to management and internal customers on appropriate technologies to meet organizational needs
● Collaborative skills
● Effective communication skills with the ability to influence others
● Works productively and effectively with outside vendors
● Ability to balance internal customer demands and needs with available resources
● Ability to work with confidential information
● Financial acumen to evaluate technology related budgets and capital expenditure requests
● Knowledge of and adherence to all appropriate regulatory and legal requirements
● Ability to meet individual goals, along with the ability to contribute in a team oriented environment to ensure departmental and organization wide goals are met
● The desire and ability to abide by our core values of: Exemplary Customer Service, People, Honest Communications, Integrity and Teamwork
Denmark State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Snapshot:
- Full-Time, Degree - 4 Year Degree, Banking - Financial Services, Consumer, Products Information, Technology, Banking