Since 1868, Sandy Spring Bank has provided outstanding financial services and remained committed to being a strong, local, independent bank. Our community offices throughout Maryland, Northern Virginia and the District of Columbia serve the unique needs of individuals, businesses and organizations every day.
We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment to being remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we provide a market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive benefits package. Sandy Spring takes pride in offering a broad benefits program to its most valuable asset….our staff.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting a Retail/Business Banking Portfolio Manager. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for small business portfolio administration, post approval and post-closing client support and servicing of small business loans up to $750,000 and specialty lending program loans up to $1.5MM, both secured and unsecured to ensure all small business loan portfolios are properly managed according to Sandy Spring Bank credit and risk policies.
Duties include providing informative consultative support to Business Banking, Retail Branches and Small Business Underwriters, as it relates to small business loan applications, loan documentation requirements and loan processes, managing the renewal process by gathering required financial information directly from the borrower, performing due diligence review of loan documentation requirements for Loan Center approvals, renewals and preparing financial statement and tax return spreads where required. You will be responsible for the reviewing of expiring ACH exposure clients according to the established ACH Credit Policy and Guidelines.
Areas of focus:
- Portfolio Administration
- Maintenance and Client Servicing
- Loan Processing
- Work requires a broad level of professional experience in commercial or small business lending.
- Position requires 3 to 5 years work experience in commercial lending or small business lending.
- Must be able to multi-task in a high volume environment.
- Small business loan documentation and financial statement knowledge required. Demonstrated familiarity with small business branch processes and loan documents is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business financial statement, business tax returns, personal financial statement and personal tax returns is required.
- Prior business and personal financial statement spreading knowledge highly preferred.
- Intermediate experience with standard PC based software to prepare correspondence, reports and other documents as needed.
- Strong communication skills are needed to effectively work with internal/external clients to explain products, processes and interpret policy.
- Advanced problem solving skills are needed to find solutions to problems that are technically complex and require collection, interpretation, and analysis of data from diverse sources as required. Work is under minimal supervision, where the work requires independent judgment in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the selection of alternative work routines.
We pay competitively to Market, and offer a 401(k) plan with employer match – both pre-and post-tax contributions. We also offer an Employee Stock Purchase Plan along with the following benefits:
- Free Banking, including discounts on loans
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
In addition for employees who work 30 hours per week:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Job Snapshot:
- Full-Time, Experience - At least 3 year(s) Banking - Financial Services, Accounting - Finance, Mortgage Banking, Finance, Business Development